Saturday 12 November 2011

Trying to stick to the line

All day long I have been drawing and replaying images in my mind from placement; stills, short and not so short video clips, diary entries... over and over again like I am tracking over my memory trying to check I haven't missed anything. It's exhausting and I just want to turn off. Maybe I am just understanding it all or making it seem more real. Or maybe it's so real I have to break it down into manageable inserts that I can look at one by one. Such intense imagery and feelings.




1 comment:

Saskia said...

I really like the way that by drawing over and into existing figures, making new shapes and lines it gives me the feeling of the overlap of different experiences and of memories held in bodies. Different perspectives and positions folding in on one another some shared and some not - but all of their traces are still present.